Pay your speeding tickets, or you can’t register your car

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HOUSTON, TX – The Houston City Council has voted in favor of a new measure. If you have outstanding speeding tickets, council wants to make it so you cannot register your car.

There was actually only one vote against the measure, Councilman Mike Sullivan of District E.

“There are many reasons why it’s not such a good idea, not the least of which is there’s no insurance that the person who’s name the car is in is actually served the papers,” says Sullivan.

The City could bring in more than $400,000 if this baby does go into effect.