Six hospitalized, two dead after eating mushroom soup

CALIFORNIA – A caregiver at the Golden Age Villa assisted-living facility unknowingly picked the fatal fungi from the property and added it to a soup.

Six people who had the soup, including the chef, had to be taken to the hospital. Two elderly women later died.

The sheriff’s department checked it out and determined it was all just a tragic accident.

But apparently this isn’t new.

From 2009 to 2010, the California Health Department says there were 17-hundred cases of mushroom-related illness… Including two deaths.

We’ve got a mushroom tip for you, leave the wild mushrooms in the wild and stick to the store bought variety.

Filed in: NewsFix

Suggest a correction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s