1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or claim a prize. Sweepstakes start on Monday, October 14, 2013 at 5:00am (CT) and end on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 11:59pm (CT) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsors’ clock will be the official timepiece of the Sweepstakes.
During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants will be solicited to complete and submit a web entry form located on Facebook.com/CW39Houston. Entrants must like “CW39Houston” on Facebook and fill in the information required on the provided entry form, including their first and last name, email address, phone number and zip code. All entries that do not include the required information will be disqualified. Only one entry per person will be allowed. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different identities or registrations will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Electronic or mechanically reproduced entries and the use of automated or third-party software are prohibited. Entries become the property of KIAH-TV/CW39 and will not be returned. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Sponsors are not responsible for faulty internet connections, unavailability of servers, any technical malfunctions, computer virus or damage caused to participant’s computer by accessing the sweepstakes website.
2. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be two (2) winners selected at random during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone. Potential winners must answer Sponsors’ phone call to acknowledge winning the prize. If winners cannot be contacted or reached at the time of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, they will be disqualified and Sponsors may choose alternate winners from among the remaining eligible entries. Winners must pick up prize at Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX located at 7600 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024 on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 or forfeit the prize.
There will be five (5) runners-up selected at random during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential runners-up by telephone. Potential runners-up must answer Sponsors’ phone call to acknowledge the runners-up prize. If runners-up cannot be contacted or reached at the time of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, they will be disqualified and Sponsors may choose alternate runners-up from among the remaining eligible entries. Runners-up must pick up prize at KIAH-TV/CW39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063 on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 or forfeit the prize. Sponsors will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, runners-up verification and all other matters connected with the sweepstakes. Runners-up must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in official rules. Runners-up will be awarded prizes upon verification of eligibility requirements.
3. PRIZES: Two (2) winners will be chosen at random to each receive a VIP Spooktacular Package consisting of two (2) passes to the advance screening of “Her Cry: La Llarona Investigation”, playing Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at the Edwards MarqE 23 & IMAX, dinner for two (2) at the Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and two (2) passes to the Haunted House Houston ScreamFest.com; ARV: $130.00. Winners must pick up prize at Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX located at 7600 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024 on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 or forfeit the prize.
Five (5) runners-up will be chosen at random to receive two (2) passes to the Haunted House Houston ScreamFest.com, ARV: $60.00 per prize. Runners-up must pick up prize at KIAH-TV/CW39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063 on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 or forfeit the prize.
Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. The Sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the Sweepstakes, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or canceled, the Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. Winners and runners-up are responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or family. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Houston, Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are at least 18 years of age and possess a valid I.D.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KIAH/CW39 and Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX (“Sponsors”) and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers, franchisees, are not eligible to win.
c. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other sweepstakes by KIAH/CW39 in the past 30 days is ineligible.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prizewinners and runners-up may be required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prizewinners and runners-up may be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver’s license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
b. Use of winners and runners-up names: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsors and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in the event entrant is a winner.
c. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes.
d. Release Facebook and Twitter of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Facebook, Twitter, and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter.
6. SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available within the web entry form located on Facebook.com/CW39Houston, or by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KIAH-TV/CW39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063. For a list of winners and runners-up, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after October 21, 2013, to the CW39 Facebook Sweepstakes – Her Cry, at the same address.
7. SPONSORS: Sweepstakes is sponsored by KIAH-TV/CW39 and Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 & IMAX.
8. INTERNET: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant’s computer from participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsors will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions.