According to the U.S. Census Bureau, three of the nation's five fastest growing cities, and seven of the top 15 are in the Lone Star State.
The cities of San Marcos, Frisco, and Cedar Park each grew by five-percent between 2012-2013 making them the first, second, and fourth fastest growing cities, in percentage of population growth, in the nation.
This is the second consecutive year that San Marcos topped the list of fastest-growing cities (with a population of more than 50,000) with an 8-percent population boost (54,076) between 2012-2013.
- The city of Frisco grew by 6.5%
- Cedar Park's population increased by 5.6%
Other texas cities with notable growth include:
- Georgetown, Texas with a 4.5% increase
- Odessa gained a 4% population boost
- McKinney grew by 3.9%
- Pearland, Texas increased its population by 3.8%