PHUKET, THAILAND – From the four corners of the round earth, NewsFix searches the world to bring you the latest in critter news.
Your mother may have taught you many things as you were growing up, such as don’t get in cars with boys, and never kiss on the first date.
But apparently “don’t kiss the snake” was not part of the lesson plan for a tourist in Phuket, Thailand, where a reticulated python attached itself to this woman’s nose when she leaned over to kiss the snake’s head at a snake show.
She and the snake survived, but she needed some stitches.
Reports say she got 32-hundred Yankee dollars for medical bills and mental anguish from the people who run the snake show.
The snake wasn’t poisonous.
The lesson here is, no matter how much you stroke the snake, it may still bite you when you try to kiss it.
Dateline: Portland, OR, where a man was caught with his snake in his hands.
Security cameras at a pet store recorded the guy stuffing the two-foot long python down his pants.
It’s a rare, non-poisonous black pastel ball python that sells for $200.
The man walked out of the store just like he was used to having something long and slithery down his leg.
The pet store owner said he was lucky the snake wasn’t hungry that day.
Or maybe the snake just thought it had found a new friend.