Bottle of salad dressing explodes, causes $2,500 in damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CASPER, Wyo. — Talk about a food fight! Well, this woman's salad dressing sure fought back with her— big time!

"I heard pop, pop, pop. I looked up, it was possessed," Divel McLean said as she was preparing a meal at a friend's house. "It was going crazy. It was shooting up in the air, to the side."

McLean said her salad dressing bottle exploded everywhere!

"It sounded like a firecracker going off in the house," McLean said. "Shhhbee! Bing! Pow! Real loud."

She said it's like the devil was in her dressing.

"It's hard to explain I was attacked by a bottle of salad dressing," McLean said laughing. "He probably thought I was in the whiskey or something."

It turns out the salad dressing company Dorothy Lynch issued a recall for its product after reports that a bacteria in the dressing was causing it to foam and even spew out!

"From the depths of my toes, to the top of my head, I will never eat Dorthy Lynch again," McLean said. "That stuff is crazy."

What's really crazy is she estimates the dressing did about $2,500 in damage to the carpet, the walls, her computer, and her dress. All from a $3 bottle of salad dressing!

"Go get a refund and take it back," she suggested. "Don't even wait to see if it ticks. If you do, open it outside."

Sounds like good advice from a salad dressing survivor.