These 35 retailers will not open on Thanksgiving Day
With the holiday season in full effect, many major retailers have decided to close their doors on Thanksgiving Day this year.
According to the New York Times, the decision for these retailers to remain closed on this holiday is part of the latest evolution in retail industry’s scramble to figure out how to compete with the high demands of the holiday shopping season.
After in-store Thanksgiving Day sales sagged in recent years, many companies have decided the bad publicity attached with making employees work the holiday is no longer worth it.
Below is a list of major retailers who will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Stores closed on Thanksgiving
- American Girl
- AT&T (Customer Service Closed; Select Retail Locations Closed)
- Babies “R” Us
- Barnes & Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond (Select Locations)
- Crate and Barrel
- Guitar Center
- H & M
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- HomeGoods (Allow employees to spend time with family)
- Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores
- Jos. A. Bank
- Mattress Firm
- Neiman Marcus
- Nordstrom Rack
- Office Depot and OfficeMax
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sam’s Club
- T.J. Maxx (Allow employees to spend time with family)