HOUSTON— More and more people are moving to the Bayou City and having to compete with displaced residents looking for new places to hang their hats.
The housing market is open for business but it's important to ask the right questions before signing a contract.
Here are the top 5 questions you must ask before purchasing your new home.
- Is all of Houston now in a flood zone?
- Am I required to purchase flood insurance?
- Is it ok to buy a flooded home or not?
- Is there a test for mold?
- With all the inspections, down payment, insurance, H.O.A. and on and on. Can I really afford to live in Houston after Harvey?
You got questions! We got answers! In today's Inside Story from the pages of Houstonia.