School food can be really gross

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO, IL & ALBUQUERQUE, NM – The kitchen at one school in Chicago had to be shut down after someone found rat and mouse droppings in the food.

School officials say the food appeared to have been chewed up by the animal.

Two students were taken to the hospital after they got sick, but are expected to be okay.

From animal droppings to Hot Cheetos, in New Mexico, one health teacher is trying to ban the popular snack. The teacher says the snack is unhealthy for the children and only leads to poor eating habits and weight gain. School janitors are also seeing red because they’re left cleaning up red fingerprints everywhere from the dye in the Flammin’ Hot Cheetos.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.