1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or claim a prize. Sweepstakes start on Monday, December 17, 2012 at 10:30am (CT) and end on Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 10:00am (CT) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official timepiece of the Sweepstakes.
During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants will be solicited to complete and submit a web entry form located on Facebook.com/CW39Houston. Entrants must like “CW39 Houston” on Facebook and fill in the information required on the provided entry form, including their first and last name, email address, phone number and a statement explaining why the entrant thinks he/she is the biggest fan of “Gossip Girl”. All entries that do not include the required information will be disqualified. Only one entry per person will be allowed. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different identities or registrations will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Electronic or mechanically reproduced entries and the use of automated or third-party software are prohibited. Entries become the property of KIAH-TV/CW39 and will not be returned. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the sweepstakes. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty internet connections, unavailability of servers, any technical malfunctions, computer virus or damage caused to participant’s computer by accessing the sweepstakes website.
2. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) winner selected by the Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will determine the winner based on the best answer for: “Tell us why you think you are the biggest fan of “Gossip Girl”. Winner selection is the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone. Winner must acknowledge notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the first phone call by calling (713) 435-2818. Winner must pick up prize within one (1) day of acknowledgement or forfeit the prize. Sponsor will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, winner verification and all other matters connected with the sweepstakes. Winner must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in official rules. Winner will be awarded prizes upon verification of eligibility requirements. If a winner cannot be contacted or reached within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, they will be disqualified and sponsor may choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries for that day.
3. PRIZES: One (1) winner will be chosen to receive one (1) CW39 Swag Bag including the “Gossip Girl: Never Have I Ever” Game, $25 William Sonoma Gift Card, Rod Stewart Christmas CD and other CW39 merchandise, approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $100. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Winner may claim their prize at the KIAH-TV Studio located at 7700 Westpark Dr. Houston, Texas 77063 between the hours of 9:00 am and 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm and 4:00pm (CT). Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or family. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Houston, Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and who possess a valid I.D.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KIAH/CW39 (“Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers, franchisees, are not eligible to win.
c. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest by KIAH/CW39 in the past 30 days is ineligible.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prizewinner is required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prizewinner will be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver’s license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
b. Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsor and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in the event entrant is a winner.
c. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes.
d. Release Facebook and Twitter of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Facebook, Twitter, and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter.
6. SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available within the web entry form located on Facebook.com/CW39Houston, or by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KIAH-TV/CW39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after December 20, 2012, to the CW39 Gossip Girl Holiday Giveaway, at the same address.
7. SPONSORS: Contest is sponsored by KIAH-TV/CW39.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant’s computer from participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions.