Dogs high tolerance for vodka saves her life

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Vodka heals all wounds; in this case out in Melbourne, Australia it really did.

9-week-old Cleo was sick as a dog after licking anti-freeze from a car part.

Quickly getting worse the pup’s owners rushed her to a vet.

Cleo had fatal kidney failure and the only cure for coolant poisoning? Alcohol, straight up.

The vodka was fed through a drip through her nose and into her tummy.

Fortunately the pup could handle her alcohol because over two days she consumed more than a third of the bottle.

Is Cleo better now? Absolutely!

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.