Woman says e-cig exploded, sent 4ft flames across home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ATLANTA, GA – Elizabeth Wilkowski was charging her eHit e-cigarette when the battery exploded, launching a 4-foot flame and burning her carpet.

Apparently the charger from the kit and the charger she used are not the same.

We reached out to Seego, the makers of the eHit kit, and asked if their product could be defective. They replied:

“We still cannot confirm that this e-cig is produced directly from us, and we saw the video shows that the charger she used is not from our company. The truth is that for the market reason… We stopped producing this brand e-cig 3 months ago.”

Not very reassuring?!

Wilkowski says she’s not looking for a lawsuit; she just wants consumers to be safe.