Man intentionally overdoses on Viagra, has penis amputated

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BOGOTA, COLOMBIA – They say sometimes love hurts. Here’s a stiff situation no man should face.

Columbian Romeo, Gentil Ramírez Polania wanted to impress his girlfriend with his sexual prowess.

The enthusiastic 66-year-old decided to ‘intentionally’ overdose on Viagra; you know the little blue pill.

Real standup guy, huh?

After standing at attention for several days, Polania made the logical choice to seek medical attention.  And this is where things get, well, kind of hard to handle.

Doctors not only found the man’s member inflamed, but fractured and showing sign of gangrene.

In order to stop the gangrene from spreading to the rest of his body doctors were forced to amputate his penis.

But hey, at least he’s recovering and doing well — relatively speaking.

Maybe next time he’ll use his head.