Parade float catches fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – A spectator captured footage of a parade float that burst into flames, in Virginia Beach.

Firefighters were able to douse the flames in just 10 minutes.

No major injuries were reported, but some students in a band walking behind the float had to be taken to the hospital for breathing problems.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by a generator that was surrounded by combustibles at the back of the the float’s pick-up truck.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.