HOUSTON, TX – Remember that feeling on the last day of school? Yeah, it was time to party! But for some Texas schools, school won’t be out for summer. It’s going to be out for good.
Six charter schools across the state are being ordered to close their doors because they’re under-performing. The issue went before the Texas Education Agency.
The affected schools are:
- American Youthworks – Austin, TX
- Honors Academy – Dallas, TX
- Azleway Charter School – Tyler, TX
- Jamie’s House Charter School – Houston, TX
- Koinoinia Community Learning Academy – Houston, TX
The whole closure is still pending an appeals process. But nothing about this process is appealing to the students and teachers who may be losing their schools.