Woman bites into protein bar, gets mouthful of maggots

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN – Eating better is supposed to make you feel good, right? But for a woman in Indiana, the choice to eat better made her sick.

Denise Stone said she bought a Kashi bar from a Big Lots as a healthy snack, but when she bit into the bar she got a little more protein than she was expecting.

The bar was filled with maggots.maggots

After spitting out the crunchy bugs Denise said she noticed the expiration date on the bar was from July 2013, four months before she bought the snack.

Denise said the store offered her a refund for her sick snack and she has yet to hear from the Kashi Foods company.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.