Pet parrot saves family from fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Laura Jean Niesel and her fiancé, Dave in Ft. Lauderdale, FL credit there 3-year-old parrot with alerting them of a fire that broke out in their laundry room.

The pair say they were awoken by Pearl’s squawking in the middle of the night. Annoyed, Dave went to check on the bird and that’s when he smelled something burning. He immediately called 911 and crews were able to contain the fire before it spread to the rest of the house.

Now Pearl’s squawks are music to their ears.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.