Black Bean Soup – Feel Peaceful
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne, or to taste
- Optional: avocado and cilantro for garnishing
In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for about five minutes, until tender.
Stir in the beans, broth, diced tomatoes (un-drained), chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
With an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender, gently puree the soup. Be careful not to over-process. It is best to maintain some texture.