This simple spaghetti is easy to prepare, and appreciate. It contains whole bunches of powerful green super foods, which cook down substantially to create a subtly nutritious, and abundantly delicious dish!
Greens Pasta – Feel Peaceful
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, plus extra for serving (or less to taste)
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, roughly chopped, stems separated
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 12-16 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ cup freshly ground Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the spaghetti in salted water according to instructions on the package. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
In a large pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, chard stems, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring often. Add the chard greens and spinach, and stir frequently for 2-3 minutes, until they are cooked down and wilted.
Combine the water and tomato paste, and pour the mixture into the pot. Raise the temperature to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Stir the cooked spaghetti, grated Parmesan and reserved pasta water into the pot.
Top each serving with freshly ground black pepper, red pepper and extra Parmesan.