Woman loses home, business & dog in NE Houston fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HOUSTON – A woman lost her home, business, and one of her dogs after a massive fire blazed through her one-story home in northeast Houston.

The fire started at around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night at a home off Laura Koppe Road and Dodson Street.

HFD officials say the fire was sparked by an electrical short.

Fire crews were able to get the blaze under control and no one was hurt.

However, one dog died in the fire.

The woman and her brother have lived there for about 16 years and also run their car wash business out of the home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.