HOUSTON – A woman lost her home, business, and one of her dogs after a massive fire blazed through her one-story home in northeast Houston.
The fire started at around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night at a home off Laura Koppe Road and Dodson Street.
HFD officials say the fire was sparked by an electrical short.
Fire crews were able to get the blaze under control and no one was hurt.
However, one dog died in the fire.
The woman and her brother have lived there for about 16 years and also run their car wash business out of the home.