E-cigarette explodes, setting man’s pants on fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OWENSBORO, KY – There are some things you don’t really want to do, like sticking a firecracker where the sun don’t shine.

After this story, you might want to add to that list “carrying your e-cigarette in your pants next to your family jewels.”

Josh Hamilton was checking out at a convenience store in Owensboro, KY, when the battery in his e-cigarette exploded, turning him into “Hot Pants” Hamilton.

Hamilton lit out the door and tried to take off his burning pants before a store employee tried to help by spraying him with a fire extinguisher.

Hamilton wasn’t seriously hurt, but he did have second-degree burns on his leg. Apparently, just his leg.

Wonder if the next time he tries to pick up a chick if she’ll ask “is that an exploding e-cig in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?”

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.