HONOLULU, HI - Anna Crail was on a flight to Hawaii when she says her I-Phone burst into flames. Crail says, "All of the sudden there was like 8 inch flames coming out of my phone. And I flipped it off onto the ground and it got under someone's seat, and the flames were just getting higher and a bunch of people stood up."
Officials with Air Alaska say their crews are trained to handle fires and the flames were quickly put out.
Most major airlines have banned so-called hoverboards because of fires with their lithium ion batteries, but cell phones have not been a problem.
Let's hope this latest incident is a fluke and not a trend.