HOUSTON -- Hurricane Harvey is heading toward the Texas coast, prompting mandatory and voluntary evacuations across the area.
See list: (Refresh periodically for updates)
Brazoria County has issued a mandatory evacuation for residents living on the Gulf side of Intracoastal Canal due to the expected 6- to 10-foot storm surge. Click here for more information on evacuation assistance.
Calhoun County: For those requiring evacuation assistance buses en route, Comal County will be leaving the Bauer community center at 8 a.m. Friday.
Aransas Pass: For residents needing assistance getting out of Aransas Pass, go to the Aransas Pass Civic Center located at 700 W. Wheeler. Buses will be provided. Only bring reasonable items with you, carry on only. This isn’t a time to haul large items.
Matagorda County: No one allowed to return to FM 2031 (Beach Road in Matagorda) after 10:00 a.m. Friday until evacuation order is set aside
San Praticio County
Victoria County: Curfew in effect from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday
Brazoria County has issued a voluntary evacuation for Bridge Harbor, Hideaway on the Gulf, Demi John, Turtle Cove and Rivers End. This is a Voluntary Evacuation due to possible high storm surge in these areas.
Galveston County has issued a voluntary evacuation for residents on Bolivar Peninsula effective Friday, Aug. 25 at 8 a.m. This order includes the unincorporated areas of Port Bolivar, Crystal Beach, High Island and Gilchrist. Residents who rely on medical assistance or those who cannot go without power for an extended period of time are encouraged to leave.
- All unincorporated low-lying areas, including San Leon, Bacliff, Freddiesville, Old Bayou Vista and Highland Bayou.
- SHELTER: The American Red Cross is opening a shelter at 1:30 p.m. at Abundant Life Christian Center at 601 Delany Road in La Marque.
- Bus transportation will be provided from the Crystal Beach Fire Station on Bolivar Peninsula, the Freddiesville Water Department and the Bacliff Senior Center.
- Buses will arrive to the Bolivar Peninsula around 10 a.m. and leave around 1 p.m. Buses will arrive in Freddiesville and Bacliff at 1 p.m.
Harris County has issued voluntary evacuations for residents in El Lago, Shoreacres, Nassau Bay, Seabrook and Taylor Lake Village
The City of Dickinson Office of Emergency Management is issuing a voluntary evacuation notice for those citizens with medical conditions, special needs, or those residents in low lying areas of the city.
Chambers County has issued voluntary evacuations for Smith Point and Cedar Point.
- All recreational vehicle parks and sites; all un-anchored mobile homes, and any low-lying areas known to have flooded.