Customer gets bitten by snake three times inside Longhorn Steakhouse in Virginia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. - Talk about grabbing a bite!

When a woman went to a Longhorn Steakhouse in Virginia for a bite, she had no idea she would be the one bitten.

....And by a poisonous snake!

And not just once.

Not twice.

But three times!

Yep, the single mom-- Rachel Myrick-- was out with her family when she got bit by a Copperhead three times after walking through the foyer of the restaurant!

"I got snake, they got steak," Myrick said.

"Initially, it felt like I was stung by a bee or a hornet or something," she recalled.

She says the pain then became excruciating.

"I reached down and grabbed my foot because of the amount of pain-- and under my fingers felt it wiggle," Myrick described.

Her boyfriend and 13-year-old son immediately started stomping on the snake to kill it.

"He's like that's a Copperhead. We need to call 911," she added.

Her entire leg ended up bruised and purple, with her spending five and a half days in the hospital getting anti-venom treatment.

"The nausea was horrible, the itching was uncontrollable," Myrick shared.

Longhorn Steakhouse issued a statement, calling the incident highly unusual.

They say they're looking into how it happened and how to prevent it in the future.

Meantime, that's not making Myrick a happy camper.

Her mobility is now limited, and doctors say she's in for at least a three-month recovery period.

"I'm doing nothing now," Myrick lamented. "So everything is swollen."

It's definitely taken a bite out of her life!

Stay connected! Download the CW39 NewsFix app for iOS or Android devices and the CW39 Weather app for iOS or Android devices.