Houston firefighters extinguish house fire near Galena Park area

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Houston Fire Department responds to house fire on Gans Streeet in the Gelena Park area on Jan. 14.

HOUSTON — Houston firefighters responded to a burning home Sunday night near the Galena Park area.

Firefighters were dispatched to a single-story home near the intersection of Gans and Clinton Parks streets around 11:30 p.m.

Investigators said crews found flames shooting out a back room of the home when they arrived. Firefighters were able to make a fast attack and knock out the flames quickly.

The residents, a woman an her adult son, were able to make it out safely.  However, the home reportedly sustained damaged to a bedroom.

It’s possible the fire was caused by a space heater in the man’s bedroom.

An investigation in still ongoing.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.