Courtney Carpenter was born in Monroe, Louisiana, but considers Springdale, Arkansas home. She began playing golf competitively at a young age and went to Dallas Baptist University on a golf scholarship. She graduated from DBU with a degree in broadcast communication in May 2013.
She graduated from DBU with a degree in broadcast communication in May 2013.
The summer after graduation, Courtney had the opportunity to intern with CBS Sports and travel each week with the PGA Tour. She assisted in production of CBS golf coverage for several tournaments and had a blast seeing world-class golfers and courses first hand. When the season came to an end, she accepted a job as a multimedia journalist at KRBC, the NBC affiliate in Abilene, Texas.
In Abilene, Courtney also gained experience as a weekend sports anchor and reporter. In her time in the sports department, she got to experience what high school football is all about in West Texas and loved every minute of it.
She moved to Bryan-College Station, Texas to work for KBTX in February of 2016. She worked as a morning feature reporter and had a blast checking out new restaurants, trying fun workouts, and showing off the some of the best spots in the Brazos Valley.
She is thrilled to be in Houston with CW39. She loves meeting new people, spending time outdoors and Tex-Mex food. When she is not working, she enjoys traveling, spending time with her family and going to sporting events.
You can reach Courtney at email@example.com or connect with her on social media.
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- All12 Courtside: COVID-19 outbreak leads to Big 12 postponements
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it