HOUSTON (AP) – President Donald Trump has criticized a privately built border wall in South Texas that’s showing signs of erosion months after going up, saying in a tweet that he thinks it was “only done to make me look bad,” even though it was built after a months-long campaign by his supporters.
The group that raised money online for it promoted itself as supporting Trump during a government shutdown that began in December 2018 because Congress wouldn’t fund a border wall.
Trump’s tweet tweeted Sunday came after ProPublica-Texas Tribune report that found the riverbank has started to erode.
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Homeowners Building ‘Quarantine Friendly Kitchens’
- Locals Start ‘Save Our Town’ Movement!
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins