Magnet Coordinator Kyiandra Hildreth at Drew Academy said that it was her goal to expose the scholars to all career possibilities. Hildreth plans are coming together by inviting guest professionals in the math, science, and fine arts fields to speak to the seventh- and eighth-graders during their lunches.
When the opportunity was presented, Harvey jumped all over it. She enjoys spending her time talking about the importance of weather, but also encouraging kids to chase their wildest dreams by sharing her personal struggles in the industry and what it feels like to be the only African American female meteorologist on live television in Houston.
If you’d like to request Star Harvey to make an appearance in your classroom to speak with your students, contact her directly by email at Sharvey@cw39.com
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes lingerRetailers are expected to usher in the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season Friday with bigger crowds than last year in a closer step toward normalcy.
- Parking lot safety tips for Black Friday shoppersCW39’s Sydney Simone is outside Best Buy to talk about Black Friday parking tips.
- 5 best Black Friday deals under $100BestReviews is reader-supported and may earn an affiliate commission. Details. Black Friday has arrived, and shoppers are competing for the best deals of the day — including many popular gifts now priced below $100. This year, retailers are responding to the demand for budget-priced household, self-care and beauty gifts by slashing prices on best-selling products from […]
- How to make sure your package is shipped and under the tree by ChristmasUPS recommends you get your holiday shopping and shipping done promptly to avoid any delays. UPS says 95 percent of their packages are delivered on time.
- FDA says Merck COVID pill effective, experts will review safetyU.S. health officials say Merck’s experimental COVID-19 pill is effective but they raised questions about its safety during pregnancy.