HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – A cancer survivor and Make-A-Wish recipient’s dream came true after a billboard showcasing her artwork was unveiled in Stafford. 10-year-old, Melinda Moreno is a pediatric cancer survivor who wished for art lessons and for her artwork to be displayed like a real artist.
For the first part of Melinda’s wish, Make-A-Wish Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana reached out to local Houston artist, Edgar Medina.
For the past several weeks, Medina has been working with Melinda to create a series of paintings called, “Moments Through Seasons.”
The artwork is also on display at the Laura Rathe Fine Art for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. The artwork will be auctioned at the exhibit and will benefit Make-A-Wish Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana. Melinda’s artwork is being displayed on a digital billboard at 3311 Main in Stafford, TX.
It will also be displayed on other digital and traditional billboards, which were donated by Clear Channel Outdoor.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.