Police said the incident happened Saturday morning on Sept. 25 at the 900 block of Studewood in northeast Houston. The woman says a Hispanic man wearing a multicolored shirt and black pants approached her with a gun and demanded her purse.
Houston police shared the surveillance video, which shows the robber snatching the purse and jumping inside of a red Chevrolet HHR. As the robber and getaway driver started to drive off, the woman became caught on the passenger door of the car. The woman and her dog were dragged several feet before the robber pushed her off onto the street. She was left with a broken arm.
HPD’s Robbery Division is calling this an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. They’re also asking anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston by calling 713-222-TIPS (8477), or submitting an online tip at www.crime-stoppers.org. Information that leads to a charge or arrest, could result in a cash payment of up to $5,000. For more details on this investigation click here.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes lingerRetailers are expected to usher in the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season Friday with bigger crowds than last year in a closer step toward normalcy.
- Parking lot safety tips for Black Friday shoppersCW39’s Sydney Simone is outside Best Buy to talk about Black Friday parking tips.
- 5 best Black Friday deals under $100BestReviews is reader-supported and may earn an affiliate commission. Details. Black Friday has arrived, and shoppers are competing for the best deals of the day — including many popular gifts now priced below $100. This year, retailers are responding to the demand for budget-priced household, self-care and beauty gifts by slashing prices on best-selling products from […]
- How to make sure your package is shipped and under the tree by ChristmasUPS recommends you get your holiday shopping and shipping done promptly to avoid any delays. UPS says 95 percent of their packages are delivered on time.
- FDA says Merck COVID pill effective, experts will review safetyU.S. health officials say Merck’s experimental COVID-19 pill is effective but they raised questions about its safety during pregnancy.