HOUSTON (KIAH) – The Halloween weekend ends with Houston police investigating two separate deadly house party shootings. HPD arrived at one of the houses on 1909 Schilder in NE Houston early Sunday morning. According to investigators, a fight broke out at the house and several people starting shooting, killing an 18-year-old woman, and injuring three teens. During a press conference, HPD says they have one possible suspect and are looking to identify them.
At another house party, HPD says a man was trying to move people from outside the front of the house. That’s when another man became angry, shooting and killing the victim. There’s no word if anyone is in custody for both shootings. HPD is asking anyone with information to call 713-222-TIPS (8477) or to submit it online at crime-stoppers.org.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]
The Associated Press contributed to this report.