Alfonso Gonzalez, 18, was arrested on Monday and charged with murder and tampering with evidence, Houston police said on Tuesday.
Police said that Gonzalez was identified as a suspect in the shooting death of Dominic Partida, 17, who was found with a gunshot wound in his chest near his home at 902 Woolworth Street on March 20.
Partida was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital at the Texas Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
Police said they believe that the incident does not have a continuous threat to the general public.
- CBS pulls ‘FBI’ season finale after Texas elementary mass shooting: reports
- ‘Enough!’ NBA coach cuts briefing short after Texas shooting
- ‘Time to act’: Biden speaks after deadly Texas school shooting
- How will Indo-Pacific trade announcement impact global economy?
- ‘What are we doing?’ Senator begs for change in emotional speech after Texas shooting