MISSOURI CITY (CW39) The Talk of the Town in Missouri City is all about Amazon. In 2021, the Retail Giant, is opening its first fulfillment center in the City. This One-Million Square-Foot facility, will be located at 2300 Hurricane Land. According to Officials with Missouri City, this will create more than 500 Full-Time Jobs with industry-leading pay and comprehensive benefits.
Missouri City Mayor Yolanda Ford says, “Missouri City and Amazon are alike when it comes to success, diversity, customer service and community. We are looking forward to this new business model, which focuses on customer service and expands the economy. This is another partnership that will build on our commercial tax base, helping to ease the property tax burden on residents.”
Excitement over this new partnership is also being expressed by Missouri City Manager/CEO Odis Jones. He says, ” Our teams have been working hand-in-hand the last few weeks to finalize the deal and we are looking forward to continuing our corporate-community partnership with this industry giant for years to come.”
- FDA advisory panel recommends Pfizer shot for kids ages 5-11
- ASTROWORLD FESTIVAL lineup released by Travis Scott
- Texas lawmakers push John Lewis Voting Rights bill as it stalls in U.S. Senate
- WORLD SERIES 2021 | Astros’ wives team up to support the Houston Area Women’s Center
- Houston vs. Everybody: Astros still vilified heading into another World Series