The program is offered to those who operate businesses in concessions, hospitality, food & beverage, and retail. Applications will open on Monday, Nov. 30 and the program will begin in Feb. 2021.
Participants will utilize an award-winning curriculum, receive mentorship from industry experts, and analyze real-world case studies — including their own businesses.
“When they graduate from Build Up Houston, participants will have created a 3-year strategic growth plan, which can help take their businesses past this pandemic,” said OBO Director Marsha E. Murray. “Build Up Houston is an opportunity for small business owners to gain valuable insight on how to scale and grow their operations even in uncertain times.”
To qualify for Build Up Houston, a business must be:
- Certified as a small business with the City of Houston
- Operating for a minimum of two years
- Have a minimum of two employees
- Have minimum annual revenue of $150,000
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- The Terminator is coming: Packers prepare for Aaron Donald