CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — Thanks to global supply chain disarray caused by the pandemic, everything from furnace filters to Furbies, lightbulbs to Legos are in danger of being in short supply this holiday season.
Money and finance expert Matt Sapaula told “Morning in America” host Adrienne Bankert that store owners (even online ones) are all facing the same issue: Goods just aren’t coming in fast enough to keep the shelves stocked, which means many hot items may no longer be in stock for last-minute shoppers … or even three-weeks-ahead shoppers.
According to Sapaula, everything from iPhones and gaming consoles to Pokemon cards come from China, and right now there are hundreds of thousands of shipping containers on ships waiting to be unloaded at U.S. ports.
“The ships have to dock, get unloaded and then the goods have to get to retailers,” Sapaula said.
Sapaula said to capitalize on the shortage, entrepreneurs are expanding the “Black Friday window” and starting deals as early as now to sell off the stock they do have and draw the most customers.
Sapaula warned, “If you wait until close to Christmas, prices may skyrocket because there’s just not going to be enough product on the shelves to purchase.” He hopes that even the traditional last-minute shoppers might take heed and not wait until Christmas Eve to do their shopping.
- Apple AirPods Pro ($179.99, down from $249)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 ($219.99, down from $269.99)
- Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron Signature Sauteuse Oven ($179.95, down from $300)
- Sony X80J 75-inch 4K TV ($1,098, down from $1,499.99)
- Vitamix A3500 blender ($524.95, down from $699.99)
- Shark Wandvac System Cordless Stick Vacuum ($199.99, down from $249.99)
- Cricut Maker ($249, down from $369.99)
Target has also said it will be breaking out early deals, and will bring back its Deal Days for this holiday season. The three-day shopping special is scheduled for Oct. 10 through Oct. 12 this year.
Target promises “deep discounts” throughout the store, with deals on items including TVs, Beats headphones, fleece, video games, vacuums, kitchen appliances, food and beverage offerings, and more.
For the first time, Target’s Deal Days will also be available in-store.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.