HOUSTON (CW39) Local Heights coffee shop A 2nd Cup is calling for an to end human trafficking by teaming up with culinary greats to host an annual foodie and fundraising event called “Local Fare for Local Freedom.” This event will feature a 3-course meal and cocktail prepared by local chefs, music, giveaways and details about the important work A 2nd Cup is doing in Houston to combat human trafficking.
Local Fare for Local Freedom will take place virtually on October 17 at 6 p.m. with Chris Shepherd, James-Beard award winning chef and owner of Houston institution, Underbelly Hospitality; Ja’Nel Witt, Hell’s Kitchen Season 11 winner; Edet Okon, Food Network’s Chopped participant, and Westin Galleymore; Underbelly Hospitality Spirits Director.
Every ticket includes:
- Cocktail or Mocktail kit for an Espresso-Based Old Fashioned
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Tomato Compote appetizer
- Green Marinated Pork and Papaya Salad main course
- Birthday Cake dessert
- Birthday pack in honor of A 2nd Cup’s 5th birthday as a brick-and-mortar shop
Tickets are available now with options available for those who are out of town.
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Republicans introduce alternative election reform measure to H.R. 1
- Capitol Police double down on security amid new militia threat
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- Houston Health Department opens waitlist for Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine