HOUSTON (CW39) Local Heights coffee shop A 2nd Cup is calling for an to end human trafficking by teaming up with culinary greats to host an annual foodie and fundraising event called “Local Fare for Local Freedom.” This event will feature a 3-course meal and cocktail prepared by local chefs, music, giveaways and details about the important work A 2nd Cup is doing in Houston to combat human trafficking.
Local Fare for Local Freedom will take place virtually on October 17 at 6 p.m. with Chris Shepherd, James-Beard award winning chef and owner of Houston institution, Underbelly Hospitality; Ja’Nel Witt, Hell’s Kitchen Season 11 winner; Edet Okon, Food Network’s Chopped participant, and Westin Galleymore; Underbelly Hospitality Spirits Director.
Every ticket includes:
- Cocktail or Mocktail kit for an Espresso-Based Old Fashioned
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Tomato Compote appetizer
- Green Marinated Pork and Papaya Salad main course
- Birthday Cake dessert
- Birthday pack in honor of A 2nd Cup’s 5th birthday as a brick-and-mortar shop
Tickets are available now with options available for those who are out of town.
- The latest to become obsolete: restaurant menus?
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee