HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Daylight saving time change happens on Sunday, Nov. 7, 2021. Essentially we get about an extra hour of sleep, and the days get shorter with daylight fading by 4p.m. or 5p.m. in the evening as we “fall back” this Sunday. Sunrise and sunset will be about one hour earlier on November 7, 2021 than the previous day.
So enjoy an extra hour of sleep (unless you happen to be working the night shift). This is a great time to change the batteries in your smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
Nov 7, 2021 – Daylight Saving Time Ends
When local daylight time is about to reach
Sunday, November 7, 2021, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned backward 1 hour to
Sunday, November 7, 2021, 1:00:00 am local standard time instead.
Daylight saving time facts:
- It’s daylight saving time, not daylight “savings” time. You are saving daylight, not savings daylight.
- Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and most of Arizona don’t observe the time change.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]