Fire shutters NW Houston restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HOUSTON, TX – A northwest Houston restaurant will be closed for at least a few days after a fire broke out in its kitchen overnight.

Neighbors say just before midnight Monday, the owner of ‘Getto Burger’ had just locked up and gone home when smoke started pouring out of the building. Fire crews managed to keep the flames contained to the kitchen, but there was substantial damage in that part of the building. They predict it could take a while to get everything repaired.

“He’s real sad about it,” said Marilyn Decuir, a friend of the owner. “It’s sentimental value and stuff for him too. It’s a family owned restaurant. He and his son cook there every day. ”

The owner isn’t sure when he’ll be able to reopen.



Don't Miss