PEARLAND, Texas (CW39) If you’re in Pearland, Texas this July 4th weekend and want to see fireworks, there are a few options for the whole family to enjoy.
Celebration of Freedom
The City of Pearland will celebrate the country’s birthday at Independence Park with live music, activities and and a fireworks display. All FREE to the public and all you need is a wristband that is required to ride the event attractions at Celebration of Freedom. Wristbands cost $5.
Fireworks Safety Rules
Know where you can legally shoot fireworks. All local cities ban shooting fireworks within their boundaries. Additionally, fireworks may not be shot within 600 feet of a church, hospital, day care center or school, within 100 feet of a place where flammable liquids or fireworks are stored and may not be thrown from a motor vehicle.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present. Never give fireworks to small children—fireworks are not toys!
- Shoot fireworks on level, open ground.
- Do not aim fireworks at buildings or vegetation.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose or a bucket).
- Never try to re-light a “dud” firework. (Wait 15-20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.)
- The shooter should wear eye protection. Never have any part of your body over the firework.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then disposing of them in your trash can.
- Do not put fireworks that are still hot in the trash can and then put them in your garage or against your house. A fire could result.
- Supreme Court sides with praying coach in Washington state
- Houston Happens – 4th of July travel and entertaining, motivational Monday stories and more
- Edinburg PD officer placed on leave following DWI arrest
- Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo says she tested positive for COVID-19
- Two shot and killed at Houston tire shop
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Pasadena shooting
- ‘I guess it’s a new record’: Avalanche dents Stanley Cup minutes after winning
- Why Trump’s preferred candidates keep losing in Georgia