GALVESTON, TX (CW39) – The outer bands of Tropical Storm Beta, one of several storms creating a record-breaking Atlantic hurricane season, are lashing the Texas coast, flooding several parts of the local Texas coastline.
CW39 meteorologist Maria Sotolongo has the latest on what we can expect.
Sunday, County Judge Mark Henry updated the community on Tropical Storm Beta from the Galveston County Office of Emergency Management in Galveston.
Judge Henry provided updates on Tropical Storm Beta and the expected impacts to Galveston County. The Galveston County of Emergency Management is continuing to monitor the storm and is working with local, state and federal partners to prepare for possible impacts.
Monday morning, we are LIVE in Madagorda Bay tracking Beta. Wes Rapaport from our sister station talks with area residents heading out ahead of the storm.
Here are a few warnings in place by Galveston County, Texas officials.
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- ‘We are blowing up the precedent’: Dems argue against vote to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- State of Texas: Senate debate and races to watch across Texas