HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The next couple of days look to be nice and sunny with highs in the upper 80s but going into next week southeast Texas is looking quite different compared to this past week.
On Monday a cold front moves across Texas but because of the weak nature of this system , don`t expect much of temperature or humidity change compared to the weekend. Precipitation chances will be low Tuesday and Wednesday, but another potentially stronger cold front will be moving through the area towards the end of next week.
The CW39 Houston team will monitor this system going into next week as southeast Texas will have favorable conditions for thunderstorm development. However, there is still quite a bit of uncertainty with the timing and location of this front. One of the more progressive model brings the system through Thursday morning, while another puts it in position through the region on Friday. With the timing differences, expect low confidence in not only the precipitation forecast towards the end of the long term, but also the temperatures.
Speaking of temperatures, looking like the warmer than normal temperatures will continue through Wednesday of next week with afternoon highs in the upper 80s to low 90s and overnight lows in the 70s. The front towards the end of next week will usher in cooler (and drier) air.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.