Smile gawker, you’re on Hidden-Nestle-Boobie camera!
As many of you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and Nestle is taking an unusual approach for its #CheckYourSelfie breast cancer awareness campaign.
Nestle, nestled in a hidden bra camera and had a woman walk around counting how many people ogle at her breasts. And we’re not just talking pervy men. Her breasts got checked out a lot, by men, women, babies, and dogs.
The tag line says “Your Breasts are Checked out Every Day. So when was the last time you checked your own?”
Good question. Not only is this campaign clever it really is a good reminder. Here’s why you might want to check your own breasts:
- About 1 in 8 (12%) women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime
- About 232,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer
- About 62,570 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer
- About 40,000 women will die from breast cancer
- There are more than 2.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
So to me Nestle deserves an A or should I say DD for effort in raising awareness for the fight against breast cancer.
And that’s today’s helping of The Online Dish with Maggie.