HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) The Houston Fire Department is accepting applications for the next Civil Service Exam for Firefighter Trainee / Emergency Medical Technician scheduled for November 5, 2021.The Houston Fire Department Academy is a paramilitary program that lasts 7-9 months.
During this time, cadets will attend fire school and emergency medical technician school (EMT). This program has physical ability training daily and will test physical agility. Cadets will be required to perform physical fitness activities that may include, but are not limited to, running, pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups, climbing, and carrying equipment, some of which may be tested and timed.
- Applicants will be required to meet certain requirements which include:
- Twenty-Four (24) transferable college credit hours with a grade of “C” or better OR
- Two (2) years of full-time active military service with an honorable discharge, or have served in imminent danger.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age when applying and less than thirty-six (36) years of age before receiving the oath of office.
- Driving Record: 2 or fewer moving violations in the last 36 months.
For more information, and to apply, please visit hfdcareers.org
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.