Construction is causing a lot of road changes and street closures impacting events going on around the city like the golf tournament happening this Thursday through Sunday at the Memorial Park Golf Course.
Memorial Park will remain open to the public during the tournament but some areas of the park in close proximity to the golf course may be closed. Drivers can expect detours to enhance the safety of the tournament.
Memorial loop road will be closed and all associated parking in the northeast quadrant of the park will be closed during event hours. This includes the Clay Family Eastern Glades parking lot.
During this time, Houstonians are encouraged to visit other parks and trails in the area. The Houston Parks and Recreation department has 366 parks throughout the city. Buffalo Bayou Park and the nearby Bayou Greenway Trails are the most popular.
In terms of parking, West Memorial Loop Drive will be open from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m daily for park users. Any cars left after 4:00 a.m. could be towed by event management.
On the other hand, in light of the Astroworld events that happened last weekend, the Astros Golf Foundation has decided to cancel this week’s concert series.
This concert was supposed to be held as a part of the golf tournament. However, the Astros Foundation decided to cancel it due to the tragedy at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival.
The organization and people responsible for the concert posted a message on the “Houston Open” website saying, ”We send our deepest condolences to all those impacted. If you purchased tickets to either concert, your tickets will be refunded for the full amount of the concert ticket, including fees. this process will take 7-12 business days. please note that you will not be refunded for any tickets associated with the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston open as those will still be honored. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but appreciate your understanding.”
Memorial Park Conservancy has all the information on its website.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Biden maintains optimism on US economyWhile a lower-than-expected 210,000 jobs were added in November, the White House has an optimistic tone about the overall shape of the US economy.
- Lakewood Church mystery money discovered by plumber may be connected to 2014 heistHOUSTON (KIAH) – If you were in Houston in 2014, you may remember the mystery surrounding a huge amount of money that went missing from Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church – that was never found. Now Houston Police say money and checks in envelopes have been found and have opened an investigation. However, they have not disclosed exactly how […]
- White House gears up to slow spread of omicronWhile federal health officials say they are monitoring the spread of the omicron variant of coronavirus, they are reminding people that delta is still the main threat in the United States and that getting vaccinated is still the best way to slow the spread and protect yourself.
- Shooting suspect’s parents bond set at combined $1M, plead not guiltyThe parents of the teenage suspect in the Oxford High School shooting were arrested overnight in Detroit, police confirmed to NewsNation.
- #ICYMI: Bulldog taken in home invasion, Houston firefighter passes away, man admits to burning businessesHOUSTON (KIAH) — Here’s what you missed on Eyewitness News at 9 here on CW39 Houston. Robbers take bulldog in home invasion The search is on for a missing English bulldog after his owner was pistol whipped and robbed in a home invasion. It happened on Oct. 21 around noon at an apartment complex on Buffalo […]