HOUSTON, Texas — The zip code 90210 may be the one that comes to mind when you think of wealth, but Houston actually has the second most wealthy ZIP code in the country.
According to Movoto, the ZIP code 77010, a small area inside downtown Houston, is the second richest ZIP code in the nation. The wealthiest ZIP code is in Gibson Island, Maryland.
The Houston 77010 area doesn’t include much more than George R. Brown Convention Center, Discovery Green and a couple of pricey highrises. It’s all about population density. While not many people live in the area, the people who do have an average income of $212, 325.
The top 10 wealthiest ZIP codes are as follows:
- 21056, Gibson Island, Maryland
- 77010, Houston, Texas
- 04642, Harborside, Maine
- 94528, Diablo, California
- 99510, Anchorage, Alaska
- 08248, Strathmere, New Jersey
- 10007, New York City, New York
- 19316, Brandamore, Pennsylvania
- 02110, Boston, Massachusetts
- 49717, Tuscarora Township, Michigan