HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) – A news conference will be held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the arrest of a serial sexual assault suspect. The purpose is to encourage other victims to come forward.
The suspect is a 36-year-old Black male by the name of Morris Holton III. Holton is charged with three counts of aggravated assault, two counts of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, and one count of aggravated kidnapping in the 262nd State District Court. Holton was arrested on July 12 without incident.
Investigators say Holton contacted the victims using social media and online advertising. Officials say he posed as a customer to gain the victim’s trust. The victims told police Holton was adamant about meeting in person.
Upon meeting up, the victim told authorities that Holton pulled a gun, zip-tied them, stole valuables, and sexually assaulted them. Holton was later identified by a victim after he contacted the person through Instagram days later.
Holton used a fake name, “Carlos” and phone number 346-577-2891 to attract victims.
Investigators believe there are more victims out there and encourage people to come forward. You can contact Houston Police Department’s Special Victims Division at 713-308-1140.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.