HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) Less sky cover Friday will allow daytime highs to reach the low 90s inland and the upper 80s along the coast. Humidity levels will also be higher Friday and heat index values will sit in the upper 90s.
As the weekend approaches a new system moves over southeast Texas and will begin to generate afternoon showers and storms as it lingers around the area. This pattern is likely to continue into the start of next week as well.
By the middle of next week the first cold font of the Fall season is expected to sweep through the region dropping temperatures and making weather conditions a little more pleasant around the region.
Latest videos, No Wait Weather, NO WAIT TRAFFIC, and news.
Join us every night from 9-10pm for your news at 9PM.
- Southwest Airlines offering ‘goodwill’ gesture to customers affected by cancellations: What does that mean?Southwest declined to detail what these “gestures” would entail, specifically. But on Twitter, Southwest and its customers have indicated that the airline was sending vouchers — known as “LUV Vouchers” — for future travel with Southwest Airlines.
- Grand game: Boston’s 2 slams lead 9-5 ALCS win over AstrosHOUSTON (AP) — J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers helped the Red Sox have a grand old time in Houston. Boston became the first team to slug two grand slams in a postseason game, with Martinez and Devers connecting in the first two innings of a 9-5 win over the Astros on Saturday that tied their […]
- Deputy killed, 2 others wounded in ambush at Houston bar, police sayThree constable deputies were shot in an ambush early Saturday morning while working an extra shift at a Houston bar, leaving one deputy dead and two others wounded, authorities in Texas said.
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’We are less than a month away from gaining an hour of sleep as daylight saving time ends.
- The hottest new and used cars in SeptemberBoth new and used cars are selling faster than in August.