Houston Weather – Temperature tug of war before a stormy Friday

CW39

HOUSTON (CW39) After taking a week off, 80s make a brief return today along with sunshine and low humidity. Cold Wednesday morning ahead with rain also in the forecast later this week.

For now, here’s a look at highs today.

Worth noting: light winds are helping contribute to an “ozone action day“, according to the TCEQ. This means ozone could reach the lower to middle end of the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range.

A dry and breezy cold front arrives tonight, bringing wind gusts around 20 mph overnight and a chilly start Wednesday morning.

Despite the morning 40s, we’ll still get up to at least 70, perhaps low 70s, on Wednesday afternoon.

The next big thing we’re watching is an approaching storm system heading in from the west. Ahead of it, clouds return Thursday along with a few isolated showers, but widespread showers and storms are likely Friday and Friday night.

The Storm Prediction Center is already suggesting there could be severe thunderstorms in our area on Friday, as seen below in blue to include Oklahoma City, Dallas and Houston and some areas along the Gulf Coast region.

As of now, it seems that rain may linger into Saturday morning, but should clear during the day with nice weather for the majority of the weekend with a 20% chance of rain Thursday. An 80% chance of rain and storms Friday with some rain lingering into Saturday.

Then sunshine returns Sunday and some with some cloud cover Monday going into next week.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Popular

LATEST VIDEO

Food Truck Friday with Big 6 BBQ - Shannon LaNier

Weird wine creations - Adam Krueger and Hannah Trippett

$5K reward for the tiger - What would Adam do? - Watch!

"Moggy" - Adam Krueger makes up a new weather word!

Mystery Wire - Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure

Pairing wine with weather

Help your Neighbor

adam test 2

Houston Weather - Future Rain - Adam Krueger

Atlantic Hurricane Season - Adam Krueger

adam test

Grogan building supply

Houston Texans 2021 schedule

Houston Weather - Weekend forecast - Adam Krueger

Ohio to give $1 million to five vaccinated residents in weekly drawings

Houston Weather In One Minute - Star Harvey

Strengthen your home before a hurricane - Carrigan Chauvin

Personality Changes Due to Pandemic - Jane King

adam 6f

Houston Weather - Need Umbrellas, 10-day forecast - Star Harvey

FEATURED STORIES

More Featured

start of hurricane season


Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

CRIME

More Crime

Local Headlines

More Local

Don't Miss