HOUSTON (KIAH) Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee asked the community to join in a prayer vigil and outcry for gun safety legislation in response to the shooting in Uvalde, Texas.
The vigil was held at 1919 Smith Street, Houston, Texas 77002.
Dozens attended to mourn and pray for the dozens of victims, many of whom are still being identified.
Fiel Immigrants Rights Organization vigil attendees tweeted, “Enough is Enough.” Texas legislator Gene Wu was also in attendance.
- 46 dead after trailer carrying migrants found in San Antonio
- ‘We were standing on the windows’: Passenger recounts Amtrak train derailing in Missouri
- Uncertainty surrounds ‘abortion pill’ access and legality after SCOTUS ruling
- Supreme Court rules in favor of former football coach in public school prayer case
- McConnell vows to be ‘picky’ with Biden nominees if GOP wins Senate
- Actress Mary Mara of ‘ER,’ ‘Law & Order’ drowned in St. Lawrence River, troopers say
- STUDY: After 2 years, USMCA trade deal considered ‘an upgrade over NAFTA’
- Migrants in caravan in southern Mexico demand corridor to U.S. border